The Potbelly Pig Place
The Great Pig Truth - Life with Pet Pigs
|From the forests of Vietnam, to the sofas
Welcome to the World of
Potbelly Pigs... where a pendulous potbelly
is a prideful thing....
IF you're the pig!
For the past 15 years, these highly intelligent, loyal, loving, and amazing creatures have entered the hearts and houses of thousands of animal lovers nationwide.
Once considered the Yuppy Puppy, potbelly pigs enjoyed a quick rise to fame, but, like with all exotics, the human attention span is extremely limited...although there are tens of thousands of pet pigs living in loving homes, many have suffered abuses of neglect, abandonment, or physical abuse. However.....
Here at Animal Wellness, the life and health of potbelly pigs is of utmost importance to us. As a family owned by three wonderful little pigs, you will enjoy, through this site, the trials and tribulations of what it's like to live with pigs as we desperately try to stay smarter than them!
Look to us for entertainment, products, information, and links to places such as:
- NAPPA (The North American Potbelly Pigs Association), the oldest service organization for pet pigs.
- Medical Information, including a new data base being formed right now, housing important medical information on pots that you and your veterinarian can access, should a problem arise with your pet pigs health.
- Veterinarians who work with potbelly pigs across the country, and information your vet should know about how to care for your pig.
- Informative Pig Stories as told from one pig's point of view, as well as ones from we lesser humans, that will outline how Pig Psychology, Homeopathy and Pet Pigs, How to Feed Them, and anything else that comes our way. Don't worry ~ we're not here to glamorize living with pigs...you'll get the whole, truthful dirt!
- Pigtures Galore of the three, semi-famous pigs we live with, along with those of the other wonderful hams we've come to know and work with.
- Adoption/Sponsoring Sanctuaries for more information about adopting or sponsoring a pig-in-need. The gift of a life-long home with people who love and respect them is something of which many of these pigs dream. Sponsorhip is the next best thing you can offer a pig, if adoption is not possible.
|If you have ANY questions, just ask!!! One might be...
Do You Really Want To Own
a Potbelly Pig?
|Meet Harry Swinedell,
Ace Reporter (and middle pig)
la Oink, PhD,
and Herd Leader
(not to mention
|Meet Penny PigMeadows|